Skip to main content

Father's Day Crafts

Happy Father's Day to all of the terrific dads out there!
Our go to guide for looking for cute father's day crafts was Pinterest. It is full of everything worth looking up! Malak is going to help me make crafts for her daddy and grampa and my little sister Shatha is going to making some crafts too! Since Malak is still a young the cutest crafts always contain footprints and handprints, after much debate this is what I decided to make.

For Grandpa we did a framed picture and it turned out adorable!
For supplies we used cardstock, pencil, markers, pencil crayons, paint, frame, bow, and Malak's cute little hand :)

If you would rather do it on a canvas instead of framing by all means go right ahead, be creative!

Another option if you don't like your writing is you can use letter stickers or stencils to make pretty letters.


After that I outlined the letters to make them nice and dark.



This step requires tons of help we got paint everywhere. I should've done it while she was sleeping or used marker to make the print. Oh well the hard part is done.

I chose to colour the letters with pencil crayon while Malak was playing, it helped to calm my nerves.
Here is the finished product put into a frame and topped with a bow. I added some glitter glue on the hand print after the paint dried just for a little bit of sparkle.

For the next craft we wanted to make a father's day card for Mohamad. Here is a cute and very simple card to make. What you'll need is paper, scissors, marker, and some cute little hands to trace.

I started out by tracing Malak's hand onto a piece of pink cardstock. I did one hand while she was sleeping and cut it out, traced it, and cut out a second one.
Here are your two cute hands. Next I outlined the outside in black and wrote I Love You on the hand I want to face the front which was the left hand. Outlining is optional, do what you like.

Here they are. For the next step you will need a second piece of cardstock that is a different colour.


On the long side of the paper cut out an inch wide strip and write This Much on it. Fold the paper accordion style as this will be the connector piece between the two hands. Glue one end to each hand.

This is the final product. I love you this much <3

Last item we did for Father's Day is that we did a mini photoshoot for Malak at home to gift to her father. We printed the pictures and framed them and gave them to dad. Here is a preview of the shoot.


Those are our cute Father's Day crafts! What did your kids make this Father's Day?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Toys for Toddlers

Toys can be a crucial part of a toddlers development of the brain and the senses. My daughter recently turned a year old and loves to play and explore everything around her. Books can be a great way to stimulate the mind, my daughter often brings books from her playroom and gives them to me to read to her. Pointing to the words as you read will help them follow along I've caught my girl pretending to read a few times and pointing as she babbles. Monkey see, monkey do 🙈. I love when she picks up on things that I do and it helps you see that your little one is on the right track.                                          Boxes that helps babies identify and experiment with different shapes and colours helps children as well. It builds problem solving skills, allows them to explore, and concentrate on the task at hand. The red toy with the shapes has an outline of the blocks in the same colour they appear, it's a great opportunity to teach colours as well! These electronic bo

Happy 4th Birthday Malak!

January 26, 2019 Another year has flown by yet again, I can't believe you are 4 already and starting school in September! Every day that passes you are getting smarter than the day before and the things you say sometimes are absolutely amazing. I love you to the moon Malak and hope this birthday was everything you hoped for and more. Having just entered into my 9th month of pregnancy I knew this party would be a bit of a challenge nonetheless I didn't want anything to get in the way of Malak's birthday (since she talks about it all year). Thank God everything came together beautifully and Malak was a happy camper. This year Malak chose a Pokemon themed birthday party. I thought that it would be simple as its so popular now (again). The thing with Pokemon items is that they are expensive! But that's never stopped me before, I enjoyed a lot of the DIY games put together and early planning to avoid disappointment. I ordered plates, loot bags, napkins, banners, straw

[Review] Fossil Limited Edition Rainbow Jeweled Watch

  On Saturday my beautiful Limited Edition Lyric Three- Hand Black Stainless-Steel Watch that I ordered through Fossil's website arrived, how's that for a name? I love that it still managed to make it on the weekend!  The Fossil brand itself lives up to the standard. Their watches and accessories and well made and in my opinion worth the price. The materials are good and lasting if you are a person who takes care of their stuff. They have a variety of different styles to address each person's individual taste. They have classic styles, leather bands, metal bands, glitz and glam styles, men's watches, and much more! Be sure to check out their accessories if you are going to look through the website. They are not considered a 'luxury' brand but I really enjoy the styles for the affordability. Now into some of my watch particulars. I got it on sale for $130 originally $260 PLUS an additional 30% off. The watch itself is black with the newer style tight links. Idea