Skip to main content

Ramadan 2020: Preparations and Resources

Just under a month to go for Ramadan 2020!

Ramadan Mubarak, Ramadan Quotes, Messages and Ramadan Wishes ...

This year I have put together a nice '30 Days of Kindness' Calendar for Ramadan for children with the help of parents/guardians to follow earn some good deeds this Ramadan. Please feel free to pull and print off and if you would like an emailed PDF version just contact me and I would be more than happy to send it. I printed many copies and will be delivering to friends and family with children that I think would like to do this.

 

In the past I have tried to do a more festive Ramadan month to put some Barakah back into the month and have it be a joyous occasion for all. It is especially important for children because it helps instill that love of the month for them from a young age. Especially growing up and seeing the temptations of other Holidays and wondering why we don't do anything fun for Ramadan or Eid? Simple decorations and preparations like hanging some lights up across the window, lanterns placed around the house, a letter board sign welcoming the month, and passing out treats to neighbours, friends, and family members. Since our backyard has tons of rocks I grabbed a couple and made them Ramadan themed for a simple and affordable decor!



For our family and friends we have decided to send some envelopes full of activities for kids to do for the month and that includes copies of the 30 Days of Kindness Calendar 'from the kids'. One thing I want to focus on with Malak this Ramadan who recently turned 5 is what Sadaqah is and how she can incorporate it into her life now and in the future.  Here's what the envelopes look like:


No photo description available.

Most of the materials that I put into the envelopes were found on Pinterest. The books marks I found on Google and I cut them out and stuck them onto cardstock and used self-laminating sheets from the Dollarama. They turned out beautiful!












Look through Pinterest and you'll find some great materials to use and include in your envelopes if that's something you want to do for the kids! My original plan was to pass out boxes of dates to friends and family but with everything going on we though it would be best to stick to something simpler.
No photo description available.No photo description available.
Image may contain: possible text that says 'Door Hanger Template Wake Me up For Suhoor www.Karimascrafts.com'

I pulled out my old Ramadan 30 day calendar from last year to put on display. I just want to tweak it a bit and maybe include duas instead of just chocolate alone. I made it out of cardboard, organza bags, sticker letters, and whatever you want to fill your bags with whether it be little toys, candies, tasks, duas, etc. Get creative! Your family will appreciate the little things you do to make the month fun and festive.



Pull out any books you have and put them on your display tables as well, I have a book called Hassan and Aneesa Love Ramadan that I purchased off of Amazon. MyDeen is a great resource for children. There are different age groups that you can order for: 2-4, 5-7, 8-11. The copy I have is from last year that I am getting caught up on with my daughter. It has activities, stories, Arabic letters, and beautiful lessons for the appropriate age groups. Take advantage of the time together to learn Quran and read Quran. Set daily goals and benefit from all the beauty of the month.




The most important advice that I can give you is to make the best of the month. You don't have to strive for perfection just try your hardest. Set achievable goals and if you have children teach them about the beauty of the month and of Allah's mercy. Free your mind and soul from the little things like grudges and sadness and focus on forgiveness and moving forward. It will help you feel better and lighter. Pray. Pray for mankind and keep a special prayer for the Ummah. With all that's going on in the world we could use some beautiful duas coming from pure hearts.


I pray that you all achieve your Ramadan goals and that this month will be full of health, barakah, and happiness.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Toys for Toddlers

Toys can be a crucial part of a toddlers development of the brain and the senses. My daughter recently turned a year old and loves to play and explore everything around her. Books can be a great way to stimulate the mind, my daughter often brings books from her playroom and gives them to me to read to her. Pointing to the words as you read will help them follow along I've caught my girl pretending to read a few times and pointing as she babbles. Monkey see, monkey do 🙈. I love when she picks up on things that I do and it helps you see that your little one is on the right track.                                          Boxes that helps babies identify and experiment with different shapes and colours helps children as well. It builds problem solving skills, allows them to explore, and concentrate on the task at hand. The red toy with the shapes has an outline of the blocks in the same colour they appear, it's a great opportunity to teach colours as well! These electronic bo

Happy 4th Birthday Malak!

January 26, 2019 Another year has flown by yet again, I can't believe you are 4 already and starting school in September! Every day that passes you are getting smarter than the day before and the things you say sometimes are absolutely amazing. I love you to the moon Malak and hope this birthday was everything you hoped for and more. Having just entered into my 9th month of pregnancy I knew this party would be a bit of a challenge nonetheless I didn't want anything to get in the way of Malak's birthday (since she talks about it all year). Thank God everything came together beautifully and Malak was a happy camper. This year Malak chose a Pokemon themed birthday party. I thought that it would be simple as its so popular now (again). The thing with Pokemon items is that they are expensive! But that's never stopped me before, I enjoyed a lot of the DIY games put together and early planning to avoid disappointment. I ordered plates, loot bags, napkins, banners, straw

Trip to Sweden: Landskrona and Höganäs

It has been a while fellow bloggers since I just got back from my month long trip to Sweden! I shall be writing all about it in the next few blog post entries. My husband has three brothers who all live in Sweden and we were far overdue for a vacation anyways. Mind you this is the first time traveling with my husband in a plane and first time with kids of my own. I will be writing a post of traveling with kids on its own. Our flight was a direct flight from the Toronto airport to Copenhagen, Denmark. We were told it is faster to take a train from the airport in Copenhagen to Malmo then taking a plane to Stockholm, Sweden which would be at least a 6 hour drive from where my husband's brothers live! We arrived at around 10:20am. Upon our arrival to the airport we picked up our bags, bought a ticket for the train, and jumped on the train. Booking and board the train took the most time for us. The train took less than 15 minutes from where we were to get us to our first stop which wa