Skip to main content

My Sister's Wedding

First off I would like to say congratulations to Ayah and Samer! We had a fantastic time! The work leading up to the wedding was stressful but it was worth it in the end. We were a little flustered with the schedule of the day but who doesn't have timing issues on their wedding day?

I wore a red one sleeved dress with a sparkly off white shirt underneath and an off white and red hijab. I ordered my dress online off of AliExpress. Cleopatra Hijabs did my hijab style with the two headscarves I brought with me I recommend her for all the Londoners who style for their special occasions. My sisters and I are always given the best service and are always happy with the way our hijabs turn out. You can see the side view of my style in the picture. I did my own makeup at home. My friend Barihan came and did my sister's makeup and boy did it turn out beautiful! She works at MAC and made time for us to get a trial done and then came and did the Bride's makeup at our house in the morning. We were thrilled with the results check out her Instagram page at  https://www.instagram.com/makeupbybari/ . Ayah was able to find a great photographer with a great wedding package, check out her Facebook page at Kristaals Precious Moments.

The forecast called for rain but luckily it held off until after the pictures but to our luck it was freezing outside! The days before had been nice spring weather but we weren't so lucky with the weather yesterday. That's okay though we got some great shots! We went to the civic garden at around 2pm to get some outdoor pictures but Malak fell asleep in the car luckily that way she was refreshed and happy for the rest of the day. My friend who photographed my wedding also had her wedding yesterday and we ran into them at the Civic Gardens so it was really nice to see her as well! Congratulations Ghasaq, wish you two a lifetime of happiness! After the Civic Gardens we went over to the hall and got some pictures at Green Hills Golf Course where the wedding took place until we couldn't take the cold anymore. The club allows use of the entire golf course and back deck for pictures and guests to use. My husband and I took a golf cart and drove around in it too, the bride and groom were able to steal some pictures in it.

The colour theme was red, white, and black and we did almost everything ourselves. The centerpieces, favours, candy table, bouquet, and seating chart tree were all done by us. You can check out some more pictures of our work at Malak Presents or on Instagram. The hall looked stunning, everything  was perfectly set up and the colours looked beautiful. My husband Mohamad wore a black suit with a white dress shirt and red tie.  Malak and my sister Shatha were the flower girls and they looked adorable in their matching dresses. We all fit the theme! We placed a guestbook by the door that had pictures of the bride and groom inside and also a jar for people to write stuff for the bride and groom to read on their one year anniversary. I signed it at the beginning so I wouldn't get carried away with the wedding. Our gift to the bride and groom was that we paid for the wedding cake which we bought from Angelos Bakery they make beautiful and delicious cakes, the fillings are tasty and their cake light and spongy! The wedding was supposed to start at 5pm but due to tardiness of our guests and the wedding being too small to start without them we started at 6pm. Our beautiful flower girls walked out in front of the bride and groom and they entered and sat. Followed by placing rings on eachothers fingers and then a beautiful slow dance.

We had an open buffet with a selection of salads, steamed and raw vegetables, mashed potatoes, chicken, and beef with many sauces to choose from. The beef was absolutely delicious as well as the couscous salad! After dinner a selection of desserts were brought out including chocolate mousse, lemon meringue pie, tarts, brownies, cheesecake, apple pie, and fruits. After dinner the men did traditional dabke dancing and of course Malak stole same dances with her father and grandfather. She was the belle of the ball. Shortly the happy couple cut the cake and threw roses to the guests. Throughout the celebration guests helped themselves to the candy table and signed the guestbook.



Last but not least the clean-up at the end we packed up the centerpieces, candy table, and belongings on the table but will be back for the sashes on the chairs since they take too long to do ourselves. We were exhausted but we all had a blast! Congratulations again Ayah and Samer!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Toys for Toddlers

Toys can be a crucial part of a toddlers development of the brain and the senses. My daughter recently turned a year old and loves to play and explore everything around her. Books can be a great way to stimulate the mind, my daughter often brings books from her playroom and gives them to me to read to her. Pointing to the words as you read will help them follow along I've caught my girl pretending to read a few times and pointing as she babbles. Monkey see, monkey do 🙈. I love when she picks up on things that I do and it helps you see that your little one is on the right track.                                          Boxes that helps babies identify and experiment with different shapes and colours helps children as well. It builds problem solving skills, allows them to explore, and concentrate on the task at hand. The red toy with the shapes has an outline of the blocks in the same colour they appear, it's a great opportunity to teach colours as well! These electronic bo

Happy 4th Birthday Malak!

January 26, 2019 Another year has flown by yet again, I can't believe you are 4 already and starting school in September! Every day that passes you are getting smarter than the day before and the things you say sometimes are absolutely amazing. I love you to the moon Malak and hope this birthday was everything you hoped for and more. Having just entered into my 9th month of pregnancy I knew this party would be a bit of a challenge nonetheless I didn't want anything to get in the way of Malak's birthday (since she talks about it all year). Thank God everything came together beautifully and Malak was a happy camper. This year Malak chose a Pokemon themed birthday party. I thought that it would be simple as its so popular now (again). The thing with Pokemon items is that they are expensive! But that's never stopped me before, I enjoyed a lot of the DIY games put together and early planning to avoid disappointment. I ordered plates, loot bags, napkins, banners, straw

Niagara Falls, Ontario, Canada

“Is this not a true autumn day? Just the still melancholy that I love – that makes life and nature harmonize.” – George Eliot Oct. 11, 2020 For all those that have not been to Niagara Falls in the season of Fall, it is a must see. Go and absorb all of nature's beauty, you won't regret it. The day was spent with the most important people in my life, my family. Just being in each other's company was a blessing in itself and to enjoy my favourite season in a magical place was absolute perfection. We started our drive in Niagara on the Lake, the colours encompassing the atmosphere were truly captivating. Reds, oranges, yellows, brown and green of all shades covering trees, grass, bushes and all of nature's delight. We saw people walking, barbequing, renting and riding bicycles, and just enjoying the day together. The real estate in Niagara on the Lake closer to the bodies of water are stunning! Almost every home had a balcony which is now on my wishlist, I might invest a pr