Skip to main content

Niagara Falls, Ontario, Canada

“Is this not a true autumn day? Just the still melancholy that I love – that makes life and nature harmonize.”
– George Eliot

Oct. 11, 2020

For all those that have not been to Niagara Falls in the season of Fall, it is a must see. Go and absorb all of nature's beauty, you won't regret it. The day was spent with the most important people in my life, my family. Just being in each other's company was a blessing in itself and to enjoy my favourite season in a magical place was absolute perfection.

We started our drive in Niagara on the Lake, the colours encompassing the atmosphere were truly captivating. Reds, oranges, yellows, brown and green of all shades covering trees, grass, bushes and all of nature's delight. We saw people walking, barbequing, renting and riding bicycles, and just enjoying the day together. The real estate in Niagara on the Lake closer to the bodies of water are stunning! Almost every home had a balcony which is now on my wishlist, I might invest a property there in the future (fingers crossed).  Seeing people out and about; exercising, walking, enjoying nature got me thinking I really need to take up a new hobby preferable one that involves nature because of how much I do enjoy it in the moment, it's just building that momentum where I lack. 

After our drive through Niagara on the Lake we arrived at the Falls. The Falls are beautiful no matter what the season but with the changing colours of the leaves in the backgrounds, it made the view that much more mesmerizing. We parked the car and spent an hour walking just looking at all the beauty. Mind you, we have been to Niagara Falls many times but never in the Fall and I think we might just start a tradition to enjoy it once in each season and appreciate the unique beauty each season has to offer. Near the Falls we found a chestnut tree! I have never seen so many beautiful chestnuts on the ground! We collected as much chestnuts as we could fill our tiny backpacks with and continued on our walk. 

*Educational moment* I read and shared with the family that when chestnuts are ripe they fall off of the trees onto the ground. Chestnuts have a hard, spikey shell on the outside that are poisonous to consume. We were even able to find some ripe chestnuts still in their shell that we removed. 

In front of the Falls is a beautiful area with flowers, tons of trees, a little pond, and geese! The kids had a blast feeding and chasing geese. Malak found some snails and tadpoles inside the pond. Fares imitated geese honking and played till his heart's content. Seeing how happy the kids were was enough to keep a smile on my face.

I went into a gift shop and bought a postcard in hopes of starting a 'Travel' journal. It will included trinkets of anywhere we go no matter how close or far. It would be a fun way to keep writing, create memories, and have a pretty way to display keepsakes. I do love me a good notebook and have always wanted to commit to bullet journaling. This will give me the best of both!



After spending a few hours by the Falls we hit up our Reservation at Wind, an all you can eat Japanese and Thai restaurant. We enjoyed mostly the sushi and sashimi that they offered as well as trying some new dishes like pumpkin tempura, Thai curry mussels, volcano rolls, and more! They have some delicious ice cream flavours and plenty of desserts you can order as well! It was a nice little restaurant and they practiced physical distancing and very clean overall. We enjoyed our time together. Malak had her usual 10 pieces of crab that she happily devoured. My favourite was the volcano roll and peppery salmon sashimi. I am grateful for the time spent eating great food with even better company. 


After we ate we drove home. Happy, full, and all tuckered out. We drove through the sunset. 


Hope you enjoyed this Thanksgiving weekend as much as we did! 

“We must find time to stop and thank the people who make a difference in our lives.”




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Toys for Toddlers

Toys can be a crucial part of a toddlers development of the brain and the senses. My daughter recently turned a year old and loves to play and explore everything around her. Books can be a great way to stimulate the mind, my daughter often brings books from her playroom and gives them to me to read to her. Pointing to the words as you read will help them follow along I've caught my girl pretending to read a few times and pointing as she babbles. Monkey see, monkey do 🙈. I love when she picks up on things that I do and it helps you see that your little one is on the right track.                                          Boxes that helps babies identify and experiment with different shapes and colours helps children as well. It builds problem solving skills, allows them to explore, and concentrate on the task at hand. The red toy with the shapes has an outline of the blocks in the same colour they appear, it's a great opportunity to teach colours as well! These electronic bo

Happy 4th Birthday Malak!

January 26, 2019 Another year has flown by yet again, I can't believe you are 4 already and starting school in September! Every day that passes you are getting smarter than the day before and the things you say sometimes are absolutely amazing. I love you to the moon Malak and hope this birthday was everything you hoped for and more. Having just entered into my 9th month of pregnancy I knew this party would be a bit of a challenge nonetheless I didn't want anything to get in the way of Malak's birthday (since she talks about it all year). Thank God everything came together beautifully and Malak was a happy camper. This year Malak chose a Pokemon themed birthday party. I thought that it would be simple as its so popular now (again). The thing with Pokemon items is that they are expensive! But that's never stopped me before, I enjoyed a lot of the DIY games put together and early planning to avoid disappointment. I ordered plates, loot bags, napkins, banners, straw

Trip to Sweden: Landskrona and Höganäs

It has been a while fellow bloggers since I just got back from my month long trip to Sweden! I shall be writing all about it in the next few blog post entries. My husband has three brothers who all live in Sweden and we were far overdue for a vacation anyways. Mind you this is the first time traveling with my husband in a plane and first time with kids of my own. I will be writing a post of traveling with kids on its own. Our flight was a direct flight from the Toronto airport to Copenhagen, Denmark. We were told it is faster to take a train from the airport in Copenhagen to Malmo then taking a plane to Stockholm, Sweden which would be at least a 6 hour drive from where my husband's brothers live! We arrived at around 10:20am. Upon our arrival to the airport we picked up our bags, bought a ticket for the train, and jumped on the train. Booking and board the train took the most time for us. The train took less than 15 minutes from where we were to get us to our first stop which wa