Skip to main content

Malak's Third Birthday

Happy 3rd Birthday to my beautiful girl Malak Merai

 Malak was born on January 26th, 2015; I still remember it like it was yesterday... Being 10 days over my due date.. oh the fun.. Nonetheless, it was all worth it for my beautiful baby girl. 

I can't even believe you are already three I often stare at you and cannot believe my eyes. I wish you a life full of happiness and success my beautiful Malak.

Now onto the PARTY DETAILS!

Malak's birthday held on Sunday January 28th :)
This year Malak's obsession has been Paw Patrol! I never even knew about them before Malak's craze, she taught me all the characters names and about the different toys that are paw patrol themed (Thanks YouTube).. This is the first birthday for Malak we will be celebrating in the new house instead of our tiny apartment so yayy for bigger space, more games, and more decorations!

I stuck to the Paw Patrol colours for the decorations, cutlery, and even the game themes! Red, blue, and yellow; not very girly but classic colours nonetheless. The cake was pre-ordered from Loblaws as always since the prices are reasonable, taste is delicious (always chocolate), and the frosting isn't too sweet. I bought party hats, assembled loop bags with Malak's help of course, Paw Patrol face masks for cute photos, party games that I will go into in a bit, and tons of food to go around!

Games:



Pin the Badge on Chase- The name is pretty self-explanatory; same game as pin the tail on the donkey but with our beloved Paw Patrol character Chase as the star.

Cupcake decorating- Decorate your cupcake and eat it too! Anything with food you cannot fail with!

Unwrap the Prize- Buy a prize for the kids and wrap it with multiple layers of wrapping paper (or newspaper works too). I like to alternate with two colours so that it is easier to identify each layer. The way the game goes is that everyone sits in a circle and there is music playing, when the music stops playing whoever the prize stops with will unwrap one layer. Keep going around until someone unwraps the prize and wins!

Freeze Dance- a classic, requires no materials (except for a prize). Kids are always moving so this game finishes rather quickly!

Purse and Crown Decorating- I found these Purse and Crown templates at the Dollarama as little kits so that each person can decorate either a purse of a crown for themselves. 

Food: 





Most of the food I had was finger foods, snacks, and a few traditional dishes including:
  • Nachos
  • Pasta Salad
  • French Fries
  • Chicken Fingers
  • Pizza
  • Tabouli- Middle Eastern salad that contains parsley, cracked wheat (burgul), tomatoes, lemon, olive oil, salt, pomegranate molasses, sumac (spice), and sometimes green onions. There is different variations of Tabouli across the Middle East but this is the Syrian way my family is accustomed too
  • Cheese stuff dough balls
  • Assorted Vegetable Tray with Ranch Dressing dip
  • Cubed cantalope
  • Custard
  • Creme Caramel
  • Sugar Cookies to match the theme!
 We sure do love our food!

 Malak's favourite time of the party of course is her getting a chance to open everyone's presents! Not going to lie her toys are my toys too (my inner child enjoys kids toys) :)




 I'm so glad everyone had a good time but most important of all, Malak had a fantastic time! Love you to the moon baby girl! We'll see what crazy theme we will have next year! Until then bye!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Toys for Toddlers

Toys can be a crucial part of a toddlers development of the brain and the senses. My daughter recently turned a year old and loves to play and explore everything around her. Books can be a great way to stimulate the mind, my daughter often brings books from her playroom and gives them to me to read to her. Pointing to the words as you read will help them follow along I've caught my girl pretending to read a few times and pointing as she babbles. Monkey see, monkey do 🙈. I love when she picks up on things that I do and it helps you see that your little one is on the right track.                                          Boxes that helps babies identify and experiment with different shapes and colours helps children as well. It builds problem solving skills, allows them to explore, and concentrate on the task at hand. The red toy with the shapes has an outline of the blocks in the same colour they appear, it's a great opportunity to teach colours as well! These electronic bo

Happy 4th Birthday Malak!

January 26, 2019 Another year has flown by yet again, I can't believe you are 4 already and starting school in September! Every day that passes you are getting smarter than the day before and the things you say sometimes are absolutely amazing. I love you to the moon Malak and hope this birthday was everything you hoped for and more. Having just entered into my 9th month of pregnancy I knew this party would be a bit of a challenge nonetheless I didn't want anything to get in the way of Malak's birthday (since she talks about it all year). Thank God everything came together beautifully and Malak was a happy camper. This year Malak chose a Pokemon themed birthday party. I thought that it would be simple as its so popular now (again). The thing with Pokemon items is that they are expensive! But that's never stopped me before, I enjoyed a lot of the DIY games put together and early planning to avoid disappointment. I ordered plates, loot bags, napkins, banners, straw

Niagara Falls, Ontario, Canada

“Is this not a true autumn day? Just the still melancholy that I love – that makes life and nature harmonize.” – George Eliot Oct. 11, 2020 For all those that have not been to Niagara Falls in the season of Fall, it is a must see. Go and absorb all of nature's beauty, you won't regret it. The day was spent with the most important people in my life, my family. Just being in each other's company was a blessing in itself and to enjoy my favourite season in a magical place was absolute perfection. We started our drive in Niagara on the Lake, the colours encompassing the atmosphere were truly captivating. Reds, oranges, yellows, brown and green of all shades covering trees, grass, bushes and all of nature's delight. We saw people walking, barbequing, renting and riding bicycles, and just enjoying the day together. The real estate in Niagara on the Lake closer to the bodies of water are stunning! Almost every home had a balcony which is now on my wishlist, I might invest a pr