Skip to main content

International Women's Day 2019

Happy International Women's Day to all the strong, hard working women all over the world fighting to be heard. Think about women everywhere today; the ones who fight every day for basic rights, the ones who die just for a chance to be heard, about the everyday woman struggling to balance work and family and often neglecting her own self-care. Think about your mother. The strong woman who has raised you, put food in your belly, and smiled through her own hurt and pain so you never have to see that inside she is crying. Women of all shapes, colours, sizes, eras are just so amazing.

Today's blog post is dedicated to a very special little girl in my life and that is my daughter Malak. I know in my heart that she will grow up to be a strong, confident, and intelligent woman who will make her whole family proud. I'm watching you right now playing on your iPad and sucking on that lollipop (note to self: get Malak to brush her teeth later) and I can see all the wonderful potential in you that will flourish and illuminate over everyone around you. I hope that I am able to be a good role model to you and teach you the basics of life and hope it is enough to ensure you are a genuinely good person. I hope to invest in you as a person and in your education because all you have is you. Never forget to be you because pleasing others won't get you where you want to go and neither will losing yourself in the process. Always remember to be true to yourself.

We are so used to seeing these movies that teach girls to be damsels in distress or to find themselves a rich man to take care of them or to sit around and wait for their prince to come and save them. We see them in cartoons and movies with real people. Where are the strong women? Women who are independent, successful, and accomplished through their own hard work and dedication. It is up to us to show our daughters that the road to success doesn't revolve around a man. If you want to play sports, go for it! It doesn't matter what anyone thinks as long as you are happy!

Go women! Be strong, successful, educated, hardworking, dedicated...………… the list is endless but most important of them all is be you!

Happy International Women's Day!

Image result for happy international womens day


















Go

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Toys for Toddlers

Toys can be a crucial part of a toddlers development of the brain and the senses. My daughter recently turned a year old and loves to play and explore everything around her. Books can be a great way to stimulate the mind, my daughter often brings books from her playroom and gives them to me to read to her. Pointing to the words as you read will help them follow along I've caught my girl pretending to read a few times and pointing as she babbles. Monkey see, monkey do 🙈. I love when she picks up on things that I do and it helps you see that your little one is on the right track.                                          Boxes that helps babies identify and experiment with different shapes and colours helps children as well. It builds problem solving skills, allows them to explore, and concentrate on the task at hand. The red toy with the shapes has an outline of the blocks in the same colour they appear, it's a great opportunity to teach colours as well! These electronic bo

Happy 4th Birthday Malak!

January 26, 2019 Another year has flown by yet again, I can't believe you are 4 already and starting school in September! Every day that passes you are getting smarter than the day before and the things you say sometimes are absolutely amazing. I love you to the moon Malak and hope this birthday was everything you hoped for and more. Having just entered into my 9th month of pregnancy I knew this party would be a bit of a challenge nonetheless I didn't want anything to get in the way of Malak's birthday (since she talks about it all year). Thank God everything came together beautifully and Malak was a happy camper. This year Malak chose a Pokemon themed birthday party. I thought that it would be simple as its so popular now (again). The thing with Pokemon items is that they are expensive! But that's never stopped me before, I enjoyed a lot of the DIY games put together and early planning to avoid disappointment. I ordered plates, loot bags, napkins, banners, straw

Trip to Sweden: Landskrona and Höganäs

It has been a while fellow bloggers since I just got back from my month long trip to Sweden! I shall be writing all about it in the next few blog post entries. My husband has three brothers who all live in Sweden and we were far overdue for a vacation anyways. Mind you this is the first time traveling with my husband in a plane and first time with kids of my own. I will be writing a post of traveling with kids on its own. Our flight was a direct flight from the Toronto airport to Copenhagen, Denmark. We were told it is faster to take a train from the airport in Copenhagen to Malmo then taking a plane to Stockholm, Sweden which would be at least a 6 hour drive from where my husband's brothers live! We arrived at around 10:20am. Upon our arrival to the airport we picked up our bags, bought a ticket for the train, and jumped on the train. Booking and board the train took the most time for us. The train took less than 15 minutes from where we were to get us to our first stop which wa