Skip to main content

Happy 4th Birthday Malak!

January 26, 2019
Another year has flown by yet again, I can't believe you are 4 already and starting school in September! Every day that passes you are getting smarter than the day before and the things you say sometimes are absolutely amazing. I love you to the moon Malak and hope this birthday was everything you hoped for and more.

Having just entered into my 9th month of pregnancy I knew this party would be a bit of a challenge nonetheless I didn't want anything to get in the way of Malak's birthday (since she talks about it all year). Thank God everything came together beautifully and Malak was a happy camper.



This year Malak chose a Pokemon themed birthday party. I thought that it would be simple as its so popular now (again). The thing with Pokemon items is that they are expensive! But that's never stopped me before, I enjoyed a lot of the DIY games put together and early planning to avoid disappointment. I ordered plates, loot bags, napkins, banners, straws, birthday hats and noise makers from Aliexpress months in advance since their shipping takes on average 2 months via free shipping. The main colour on those items are blue so I had to incorporate some other colours so I chose red and yellow.

A lot of customized work can be done on your own with Microsoft word and some coloured printed. You can make Thank you tags for the loot bags, water bottle labels, invitations, labels for the food, and more!

For games I found this amazing website full of free materials perfect for parties, play dates, and other interactive events. I found this website on Pinterest  look through it and see all the amazing resources it has (you'll thank me later). I also found Bingo cards on Pinterest so I printed them off, stuck them onto cardstock and made little Pokeball Bingo markers that I laminated with laminating sheets from the Dollarama.

 


I stuffed the loot bags with some Holiday chocolates, mini bubbles, bouncy balls, noise makers, and those little things kids like.

I couldn't have done them without Malak's help of course :)


As an extra take home I printed off some "Pokemon Trainer" certificates and framed them for each kid to take home! Loved the idea and the kids loved having something with their names on it. Found this beauty below on Google:

Image result for pokemon trainer certificate


For food we have an abundance of it (as usual) including pizza, tabouli, chicken nuggets, french fries, chips, pop, custard, pineapple dessert, fruit salad, eclairs, suksay (lazy cake) and more!



Now for the cake I found it odd that neither Loblaws nor Metro did Pokemon cakes even though it's super popular right now. Since it was too late to put in for an order anywhere else I decided to get my creativity on and make a birthday cake! Malak has tons of Pokemon toys so decorating a cake shouldn't be too bad, right? I already had everything I needed to make cake and some supplies to decorate including a piping bag, food colouring, and sprinkles of all shapes and sizes.



All of our amazing friends and family bought Malak some amazing gifts! We are truly blessed to have such wonderful people in our lives! We showcased some of the lovely gifts on Crafty Malak so be sure to check them out and give us a follow. Thank you to everyone that came out, wished Malak a Happy Birthday, or who had us in their thoughts.

Happy 4th Birthday Malak! Love you to the moon and back!




Comments

  1. Happy birthday princess Malak!! Everything looked amazing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for everything <3 Glad we were in great company!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Toys for Toddlers

Toys can be a crucial part of a toddlers development of the brain and the senses. My daughter recently turned a year old and loves to play and explore everything around her. Books can be a great way to stimulate the mind, my daughter often brings books from her playroom and gives them to me to read to her. Pointing to the words as you read will help them follow along I've caught my girl pretending to read a few times and pointing as she babbles. Monkey see, monkey do 🙈. I love when she picks up on things that I do and it helps you see that your little one is on the right track.                                          Boxes that helps babies identify and experiment with different shapes and colours helps children as well. It builds problem solving skills, allows them to explore, and concentrate on the task at hand. The red toy with the shapes has an outline of the blocks in the same colour they appear, it's a great opportunity to teach colours as well! These electronic bo

[Review] Fossil Limited Edition Rainbow Jeweled Watch

  On Saturday my beautiful Limited Edition Lyric Three- Hand Black Stainless-Steel Watch that I ordered through Fossil's website arrived, how's that for a name? I love that it still managed to make it on the weekend!  The Fossil brand itself lives up to the standard. Their watches and accessories and well made and in my opinion worth the price. The materials are good and lasting if you are a person who takes care of their stuff. They have a variety of different styles to address each person's individual taste. They have classic styles, leather bands, metal bands, glitz and glam styles, men's watches, and much more! Be sure to check out their accessories if you are going to look through the website. They are not considered a 'luxury' brand but I really enjoy the styles for the affordability. Now into some of my watch particulars. I got it on sale for $130 originally $260 PLUS an additional 30% off. The watch itself is black with the newer style tight links. Idea